Good morning everyone!! I hope that y’all had a lovely weekend. Today, I’m going to share one of my favorite recipes. I created this recipe about two years ago as an alternative to pricey store bought granola. As it turns out, this granola tastes wayy better (if I do say so myself) than pre-packaged versions. In my effort to eat healthier, I’ve been turning to my homemade granola quite a bit. Unlike store bought granola, this recipe only has three ingredients! Yep, you read that correctly- it only has three ingredients: oats, honey, and ground cinnamon. And trust me, this is some of the most delicious granola you may ever try. Another great thing about this recipe is that it can easily be altered to be organic by simply purchasing organic oats and local honey. My favorite way to enjoy it is with a bit of vanilla greek yogurt, yumm!
4 c. plain oats (not instant)
1/4 c. honey
2-3 tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Pour oats into a large mixing bowl
2. Fold in honey. Make sure the oats are coated with honey, mix with a spoon/spatula until they begin to clump.
3. Add in ground cinnamon, use as much or as little as you prefer.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and then spread out granola on the sheet in a thin layer
5. Bake the granola in an oven heated to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until desired crunchiness
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Break apart granola and enjoy!
+ Adapt the recipe for a larger/smaller batch by adding in/reducing amount of oats and honey
+ Add in dried fruit, cocoa, and chocolate chips for a sweeter treat
+ Granola will last anywhere from 2-3 months if stored in an airtight container